Monday, November 16, 2015

Whacha doing?

It's 6am and I'm sitting in our lovely yard enjoying the another beautiful sunrise with a hot cup of tea and a good book. The early morning silence is wonderful in Mazatlan. 




And then it happens. 

Hub makes his morning appearance, quickly followed by our resident K9.



'Soooo, whatcha doing?' he asks as he joins me at the table.





"Looking for world peace. Why?"





'Well, I wanted to know where you want me to put that dirt we talked about.'







"We talked about moving that dirt weeks ago."






'Well, I'm thinking it's time.' 






"It's 8am!!!"






So off he goes to get the bags of dirt I purchased months ago, from the garage. Yes, bags of dirt.
With my solitude now broken, I go over to the shed, put on the work gloves, head to the planting bed and start digging a hole.






Meanwhile Hub drops off the bag of dirt, and I hear his favourite question... 'So whacha doing?'




"What does it look like I'm doing?"









'Looks like you're digging a hole there.'


"And people say you're slow!"







He watches as I lift the small palm tree and I hear...

'I didn't think you were planting the palm, there?'

Counting to ten slowly, I calmly point out...
"Well, I am!"






Lowering the plant into the hole I hear...

'You might want to be a little more careful there Linda. You could hurt your back.'




Tamping the earth down a little harder than was really required and then dousing it with fertilizer, I sit down and lean on the flower bed and ask Hub..."Soooo, what are you doing?"







'Thinking about where to go for lunch today.'


"Well maybe before you head out on your great quest, you could mowsy on over to that huge dead plant over there. You know the one in pot. The one you said you would dump out weeks ago."



'You know this work, work, work side of you is not very attractive Linda!'








Checking my watch I hear it again...

'So whacha doing Linda?'

"Checking the time!" and wondering if 9.30am is really a little too early 

for cocktails!




Just a couple of thoughts from 2 Canadians, 
living and loving it in Mazatlan...our home in paradise!



Linda and Hub