Monday, October 3, 2016

Lights and darkness



Standing in the dark, Tuesday morning, I yell down the stairs..."HUB! The lights are out again!"


'Not to worry...I'll get right on that.'



Wednesday morning I walk out to the garage...grab the handy 8ft ladder...haul it into the house and lean it against the living room wall.


His eyes never leave the tv and I hear... 'So I gather you want the lights changed?'


"Ahhhh nothing gets past you, does it?"







'Don't worry, I'll get to it.'






Friday night I'm still walking in the dark at bedtime. 



Hitting my foot again...I lean down and grab my toe while encouraging Hub! 

"Son of a b****!!"






Hobbling, I get to the bottom of the stairs...







Opening my eyes, I look up and see my man of 40+ years...'You breathin?'




Saturday morning I arrive in the kitchen and see Hub strutting around like a peacock...

'Notice anything new?'

"You did dishes? Laundry?"






'Well noooo. But I did change the lights for you AND I took the ladder back to the garage!'



Checking my watch..."It's 8 in the morning and no I haven't needed to turn on the lights yet but, tonight, when I do, I'll be sure to thank you."

Turning round I catch my toe on the livingroom ottoman..."Son of a b*****!"





'You know Linda, maybe the lights weren't the problem at all. 

Maybe it's just the way you walk!'




Just another day in the life of two Canadians,
living and loving it in Mazatlan...
our home in Paradise!


Linda and Hub