Wednesday, November 23, 2016

To sing or not to sing.?!



For many years Hub would wake up and sing or whistle a tune...







Everyday we would ask....

"Soooo, what's the tune of the day?"



Smiling, Hub would say....'That's your job. It gives you something to figure it out.'






And so it went on for years...At first it was cute....friends and family would say how lucky I was to have such a happy person to wake up to every morning.



Decades pass and reality set in...



"Stop it already!!"




'What???'





"You know damn well what! I can't shake that song of the day. It gets stuck in my head all day!"





But then one day it just stopped. 

No warning, no more morning singing or whistling.





Looking around I walk over to Hub I ask...

"Are you dead?"






'Don't be sneaking up on me woman!'




"You're up to something, I know it."






'Hey...you said to quit the singing and whistling, so I did what you wanted.'




Coming downstairs later, I hear it. 

"What are you doing now?"


'Damn it Linda, you could have scared me to death!!!!'







"You're humming."






'And you're point, is?'







Grabbing my book I head over to the couch.

After 10 minutes I can't take it any longer..."OMG stop it!"



Hub starts smiling....







"There's no tune...no rhyme or reason...pleaseeeee go back to the singing...even the whistling!"





'Does it really bother you that much?'






"OMG YESSS!"






'Good!' 
And with that he turns, heads down the stairs...enjoying how the hallway amplifies his humming.





Just another day in the life of two retired Canadians,
living and loving it in Mazatlan...
our home in Paradise!



Linda and Hub